A Snake Ate My Tongs!

We’ve all misplaced the BBQ tongs at some point or another; usually just as the steaks need flipping.

Well, you won‘t believe where one Adelaide man’s tongs ended up a while ago: in the belly of his pet python! Well, I guess it’s not entirely surprising since he was using them to feed the snake a dead rat!

Python swallowed tongs

Photo credit: Adelaide University

The man rushed his beloved python to veterinarian Dr. Oliver Funnell at Adelaide University who was able to successfully remove the tongs. “We were able to remove them quite easily once we got the big end out,” he said.

X-ray python swallowed tongs

Photo credit: Adelaide University

Amazingly, the little fella is expected to make a full recovery.

Marian O'Neill

Marian O'Neill

Managing Director at allBBQs.com.au
My name is Marian O’Neill and I am the owner of All BBQs. My working life commenced as a primary school teacher, however the majority of my career has been in business with my husband. I love BBQ cooking and decided to follow my interest and open an online BBQ superstore after much research revealed how difficult it was to find good quality, australian made BBQs. At allBBQs.com.au we specialise in Australian made BBQs, wood fired pizza ovens and outdoor kitchens. We strive wherever possible to provide high quality Australian made products.

{ 0 comments… add one }

Leave a Comment